What is the church doing about addiction?
The Refuge has been boots-on-the-ground in residential recovery for nearly two decades now, and we got tired of hearing that question and not having an answer. Put that together with God clearly calling us to help equip the church to address addiction and “heal the brokenhearted…and set the captives free” of Luke 4:18, and there you have it – the Champions Network.
What exactly does the Champions Network look like?
The Champions Network is just that – a network of “champions” using small-group relationships to connect to the addicted in their own local churches and communities, scattered all across the state of Ohio. These champions will network…
- personally, finding resources and forming relationships in their own local communities;
- with each other, for best practices and cohesive care; and
- with the Refuge, for additional statewide resources and training through our virtual Champions Online University!
What’s next – tell me more!
1. Take a second to watch these videos to help you understand a little more…
2. Pick a champion within your congregation!
We recommend that pastors NOT be the champion, mostly because we don’t want to add another thing to your plate! We would love to help you find and raise up a leader who has dealt with addiction his/herself to be your official Champion and report to you. Contact us to find out more.
3. Fill out an application!
Are you a pastor, interested in finding out more? Click here!
Are you considering being a Champion in your church? Take the first step by filling out the application here!
We’ll give you access to your first training module on Champions Online University, 101 – Quick Start Guide to the Champions Network
We will give you a call to welcome you to the Network, as well as explain some of the benefits, including:
- Invitation to shadow one of our existing Champions groups near you
- Opportunity for Refuge men or Champions Network staff to shadow your small group as you get it started
- Ongoing access to new virtual training courses on the Champions Online University
- 1 hour/month individual connection/coaching
- Access to a monthly Champions webinar to share best practices and encourage one another