20 Years of Miracles
On September 8, 2019 We Will Celebrate
Our 20th Anniversary.
We want every men and women who has had their lives transformed at The Refuge to be there. Do you know someone who has gone through The Refuge? Let them know about it!
This year’s event will be held at the Columbus Renaissance Downtown Hotel, and it’s going to be our biggest Fundraising Gala ever.
Want to be a part of the event? Here are three ways you can help:
- Click here to register to save your spot. This event filled up several weeks early last year. Don’t miss out – reserve your spot today!
- Be a sponsor: Promote your business or honor a man or woman who has gone through TheRefuge.
- Be a table captain: Invite others to join you at the event. Find more information at the bottom of this page.
Presenting Sponsor: $25,000
- Name/Logo included in event logo and all marketing, banners, signage, and program at event.
Event Sponsor: $10,000
- Name/Logo included in all banners, signage, and program at event.
Men’s Ministry Sponsor: $5,000
- Name/Logo included in banner and program at event. Donation applied directly to The Refuge Men’s Ministry.
Women’s Ministry Sponsor: $5,000
- Name/Logo included in banner and program at event. Donation applied directly to The Refuge Women’s Ministry.
Valet Parking Sponsor: $5,000
- Thanks to Lindsay Acura for being our Valet Parking Sponsor!
Table Sponsor: $200
- Sign on table at dinner, listed in event program.
Volunteer to be a Table Captain
Help us fill the room with giving hearts by inviting people you know who might be interested in supporting our mission to change lives affected by addiction through Christ. There is no cost to be a Table Captain – just invite people to join you that night.
Email Events Coordinator Renee Sleeper at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about being a Table Captain.
Pack Your Bag
The following is a list of items that may be brought in to The Refuge. We can supply these items if necessary. Anyone bringing anything beyond the items listed above will be required to donate extra items to the ministry. We do not have enough storage for everyone’s personal items, so please do not plan to bring them unless specified! (Exceptions are determined on a case-by-case basis.)
1 Bible & Notebook
8 pairs of pants or shorts (seasonally-appropriate)
8 shirts (seasonally-appropriate)
3 Pairs of shoes
3 sweaters or sweatshirts (if seasonally-appropriate)
Personal hygiene products (no alcohol)
1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 body wash/soap, 1 deodorant, 1 non-electric toothbrush, 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 bag of non-electric razors, 1 can shaving cream, 1 hair style product.
Come To Orientation
Men’s Orientation is our version of what’s called “Intake” in some other places. You do not need to call to make a reservation or let us know that you are coming. Every weekend, we will post on our Facebook page and also our blog with the number of spots available for intake on the following Monday.
Men’s Orientation is open to the public. Potential applicants, family members, friends, community members, church members – anyone is welcome! Come check out The Refuge for yourself.
Columbus Orientation is held every Monday at 10:00 am at:
Veritas Community Church – West
12 S. Terrace Ave.
Columbus, OH 43204
Lancaster Orientation is held every Thursday at 10:00 am at:
Maple Street United Methodist Church
438 E. Wheeling St.
Lancaster, OH 43130
The first hour is dedicated to an informational session.
- We’ll give you an overview of what to expect in our 13-month Men’s Residential Ministry.
- Men who are currently in our Ministry or others who have graduated will share their stories.
- We’ll hold an open Q&A session to answer any questions you may have. (You can find the answers to many frequently asked questions about our Men’s Ministry here)
- Once everyone’s questions have been answered, we’ll ask any men who are interested in joining to conduct a short interview in a private room.
Interview With Staff
If you decide that you want to join The Refuge, we’ll have you come
to meet with our staff and fill out some application paperwork.
This is our chance to get to know you better, confirm that you meet the
requirements to join, and help decide if The Refuge will be a good fit for you.
Interview times are dependent on the number of applicants each week, but please note:
Applicants must attend the information session to be considered for an interview.
Leave For The Refuge
If you’re accepted to The Refuge, you will have an opportunity to let your friends and family know, and say goodbye before you leave.
Then, you will board our bus and depart for our Phase One home in Lancaster, Ohio.
You can learn more about what to expect there, and throughout your time at The Refuge on our Men’s Residential Ministry page.
Many common questions are answered on our Men’s Ministry FAQ page.
There is no cost to join The Refuge. You do not need to bring money, and there is no insurance required.
"Trust the process. God has your back. This is the best thing I’ve done with my life."
"There is so much unconditional love that I haven’t experienced in any other area of my life."
"Relying on God more since he’s already created this restoration."
"There is hope. God loves them. Anything is possible if you just trust…"